FRIENDS ARE THE FAMILY WE CHOOSE

 


Friends,

 

Please allow me to express my deepest gratitude for all the warm birthday wishes.

Thank you, fam; much appreciated.

 

You’ll agree with me, that the year 2020, has been as treacherous as they come.

The COVID-19 pandemic made it all the worst; many of us lost dear friends & family.

 

For those of us lucky to be alive today, let our hearts be filled with humble gratitude;

Let us acknowledge the enduring mercies of the Almighty Were Khakaba (aka. Nyasaye)!

 

In the words of the Desiderata…

 

“Take kindly the counsel of the years;

Gracefully surrendering the things of youth.”

 

So, if you should miss me at my regular watering hole,

Fret not, the social animal is alive & well; a year older, calmer, wiser.

 

I have carefully considered my battles; my sweat nurtures my passions.

Trust me, head-splitting hangovers are not on the list.

 

In a world bursting with a cacophony of sniffy posturing,

The comforting peace of a few genuine friends is, to say the least, priceless.

 

Should any true friend, venture into my neck of the woods,

I pledge a warm meal, lots of tea, and a hearty laugh.

 

To good health, happy times, and full pockets,

Cheers & Merry X-mas!

 

VO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE MEMOIRS OF AN AFRICAN SHOE

MARSABIT COUNTY - DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

FACING MOUNT KIRINYAGA